I shared a post on my instagram page a while back, stating that I was working on organizing my pantry & I’ve finally got it finished.
Here are 6 tips that will help when organizing your own pantry!
- Eliminate as much food packaging as possible! Empty cereals, individually wrapped snacks, etc. into clear containers. It helps to see what you have or may be all out of when you’re planning for grocery shopping. Also, airtight containers help with preserving freshness!
- Combine like items! It’s easy to forget what you already have stocked when it’s in a random spot.
- Stack your cans! & face the labels outward. Stacking them helps to save space & if you can see the label, you won’t have to shift them around just to find what you need. Canned goods can also be really heavy & will weigh down pantry drawers so if possible, keep them on a stationary shelf.
- Use lazy Susans! I love those things. They can hold several items & make everything easily accessible.
- Try not to overfill your pantry! Unless you’ve already made your routine shopping trip(s) before organizing, try to save space for reworking + new items.
- Donate any unwanted items! Donating canned goods & things like rice or pasta to your local food bank is a great way to help clear out items that are still fresh but no longer needed.
Shop the items I used to organize my pantry, below!