If you’re looking for a quick, simple, yet super cute art project & gift idea, I got you covered!
My mom’s birthday is this month so I thought of letting Leana make her an abstract painting. If you’re into creative projects & whatnot, you most likely have the supplies needed.
What you need:
Cardstock paper – you can use copy or construction paper the paint will make it soggy so the thicker the paper, the better!
Cling wrap or a large ziplock bag
1. Lay out sheet of cling wrap (skip step if using ziplock bag) & place paper onto wrap
2. Put dollops of paint onto paper
3. Cover paper with another sheet of cling wrap (or place into ziplock bag & close bag!) The paint smeared a little when I layered the cling wrap on top but it still left plenty for Leana to do herself.
5. Let the artwork dry, then cut out preferred shape. I decided to cut out a heart!
6. Mount the cutout to a canvas. I used Modge Podge as the adhesive & coated the heart in a thin layer of it.
You can even write a cute message on the canvas for added flair or decorate the background around the shape. This artwork can be used as home decor & it’s a great, personalized gift made by your mini.